American University; Washington, D.C.
Master’s in Journalism and Public Affairs: Investigative Specialty Candidate, May 2022
Activities: Contributing writer for The Wash, covering the Downtown, Gallery Place and Chinatown neighborhoods in D.C.
Bachelor’s in Journalism and Sociology, May 2021 GPA: 3.79, Cum Laude
Activities: Spring 2020 and Spring 2021 Dean’s Internship Program
Achievements: Dean’s List Spring 2018-Spring 2021
American University Madrid; Madrid, Spain
Clashes and Alliances of Mediterranean Cultures Study Abroad Program; August 2019-December 2019
The Washington Post; Washington, D.C.
Investigative Reporting Practicum Student; August 2021-May 2022 (Expected)
- Works alongside Pulitzer Prize finalists and investigative reporters on longterm projects.
- Credit line in “The Attack: Before, During and After,” an interactive report on the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol, which I contributed data analysis and my own reporting from conversations with state election officials
Voice of America; Washington, D.C.
Documentary and Special Projects Unit Intern January 2021-Present, January 2020-May 2020
- Assists the Central News Division with identifying subject matter experts for field and studio interviews
- Researches and investigates cutting-edge stories and transcribes interviews
- Works with producers to storyboard and craft six film proposals
- Received a production credit on VOA’s Turkey: Breaking the Silence documentary
The Tempest; Remote
The World Senior Editor; January 2021-July 2021
News & Social Justice Junior Editor; June 2020-December 2020
- Manages 4-5 fellows each week, accepts pitches, edits drafts and makes publishing decisions
- Launched an investigative column titled “Media Watch,” a look at free speech and other media issues globally
- Served as a head editor for 2020 presidential election coverage
Editorial Fellow; April 2020-June 2020
- Collaborated with vertical editors and the managing editor on pitches and marketing techniques
- Rotated every two weeks through unique verticals while writing 5 drafts per week at 700+ words, bylines can be found on my authors page
Chrysalis Editorial; Washington, D.C.
Summer Intern; March 2020-August 2020
- Worked with professional editors and writers to assist their clients in working towards publication
- Created marketing and self-publishing webinars
- Modernized the company website via Weebly
Freelance Journalism; Washington, D.C.
Editing and Research Assistant; August 2018-Present
- Helps conduct, edit, transcribe and analyze research for local author Iris Krasnow
Contributing Reporter for FastCasual; March 2021-Present